Save more, make more
Money markets require a larger deposit than a traditional savings account but provide a higher yield of interest in return. With a Money Market Account from The Blue Grass Valley Bank, you can earn a competitive, tiered rate of interest on your hard-earned money and take comfort in the fact that your principle won’t diminish.
At a glance…
- Best for individuals, businesses and organizations
- Minimum opening balance: $2,500.00
- Minimum monthly balance: $2,500.00
- Interest is compounded and credited monthly on balances $2,500.00 or more*
- Fees: $10.00 fee if the balance falls below $1,500.00 in a month; $5.00 fee per withdrawal after six in a given month**
- Check-writing benefits
- Access to free Online Banking
- Access to free Online Bill Pay
* We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest on this account, applying a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day. The interest rate and annual percentage yield may change at our discretion, and we may change the interest rate on the account monthly. Interest begins to accrue on the business day you deposit non-cash items (for example, checks). Interest will be compounded monthly and will be credited to the account monthly.
** A maximum of six (6) transfers from your account are permitted during each four (4) week or similar period, if by preauthorized or automatic transfer, telephone (including data transmission) agreement order, instruction, ACH, draft, debit card, or similar order to third parties. Transfers and withdrawals made in person, by messenger, by mail or at an ATM are unlimited.
How do I open an account?
Please visit one of our offices, and a customer service representative will be happy to assist you!
What do I need to open an account?
To open an account at The Blue Grass Valley Bank, we require at least one form of valid identification (for example, state- or government-issued identification card or Social Security card) and the required minimum deposit for the account you are opening.
What is the cutoff time for deposits?
Any transactions made before 4:00 p.m. will be processed the same business day. Transactions made after 4:00 p.m. will be processed the following business day.
Are my deposits FDIC insured? If so, by how much are they insured?
Yes! All deposits are FDIC insured up to the maximum amount allowed by law, which is currently $250,000.00 USD per depositor, subject to aggregation rules.