Our Christmas Club Account helps you save — and earn — for the holidays year-round so that you have cash when you need it.
At a glance…
- For individuals only
- Minimum opening balance: $1.00
- Minimum monthly balance: $1.00
- Interest compounded and credited annually on Oct. 25*
- Fees: none
- One early withdrawal allowed during the term of the account
- Access to free Online Banking
* We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest on this account, applying a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day. The interest rate and annual percentage yield may change at our discretion, and we may change the interest rate on the account monthly. Interest begins to accrue on the business day you deposit non-cash items (for example, checks). Interest will be compounded and credited to the account annually; on Oct. 25, the funds in the account will be mailed to you by check. If the account is closed before interest is credited, you will not receive the accrued interest.
How do I open an account?
Please visit one of our offices, and a customer service representative will be happy to assist you!
What do I need to open an account?
To open an account at The Blue Grass Valley Bank, we require at least one form of valid identification (for example, state- or government-issued identification card or Social Security card) and the required minimum deposit for the account you are opening.
What is the cutoff time for deposits?
Any transactions made before 4:00 p.m. will be processed the same business day. Transactions made after 4:00 p.m. will be processed the following business day.
Are my deposits FDIC insured? If so, by how much are they insured?
Yes! All deposits are FDIC insured up to the maximum amount allowed by law, which is currently $250,000.00 USD per depositor, subject to aggregation rules.