Your first step to saving
Opening a Regular Savings Account is a great way to start setting aside money for the future. For as little as $50.00, you can start earning interest on your deposit.
At a glance…
- Best for individuals, businesses and organizations
- Minimum opening balance: $50.00
- Minimum monthly balance: $50.00
- Interest is compounded and credited quarterly on balances $50.00 or more*
- Fees: $5.00 fee if the balance falls below $50.00 in a month; $1.00 fee per withdrawal after six in a given month**
- Access to free Online Banking
* We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest on this account, applying a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day. The interest rate and annual percentage yield may change at our discretion, and we may change the interest rate on the account monthly. Interest begins to accrue on the business day you deposit non-cash items (for example, checks). Interest will be compounded quarterly and will be credited to the account quarterly.
** A maximum of six (6) transfers from your account are permitted during each four (4) week or similar period, if by preauthorized or automatic transfer, telephone (including data transmission) agreement order, instruction, ACH, draft, debit card, or similar order to third parties. Transfers and withdrawals made in person, by messenger, by mail or at an ATM are unlimited.
How do I open an account?
Please visit one of our offices, and a customer service representative will be happy to assist you!
What do I need to open an account?
To open an account at The Blue Grass Valley Bank, we require at least one form of valid identification (for example, state- or government-issued identification card or Social Security card) and the required minimum deposit for the account you are opening.
What is the cutoff time for deposits?
Any transactions made before 4:00 p.m. will be processed the same business day. Transactions made after 4:00 p.m. will be processed the following business day.
Are my deposits FDIC insured? If so, by how much are they insured?
Yes! All deposits are FDIC insured up to the maximum amount allowed by law, which is currently $250,000.00 USD per depositor, subject to aggregation rules.