The smart way to spend
Take your checking to the next level with an account that pays a competitive, tiered rate of interest while taking advantage of unlimited check writing.
At a glance…
- Best for individuals and nonprofit organizations (for-profit businesses are not eligible)
- Minimum opening balance: $500.00
- Minimum monthly balance: $500.00
- Earns interest monthly on balances of $1,000.00 and greater*
- Fees: $5.00 service charge assessed during any monthly statement cycle where the minimum daily balance falls below $500.00
- Connect with our free Visa® Debit Card
- Access to free Online Banking
- Access to free Online Bill Pay
* We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest on the account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day. You must maintain a minimum balance of $1,000.00 in the account each day to obtain the disclosed annual percentage yield. The interest rate and annual percentage yield will depend upon the daily balance in the account as shown on the rate chart. The interest rate and annual percentage yield may change monthly at our discretion. Interest begins to accrue on the business day you deposit non-cash items (for example, checks). Interest will be compounded monthly and will be credited to the account monthly.
Already have an account?
How do I open an account?
Please visit one of our offices, and a customer service representative will be happy to assist you!
What do I need to open an account?
To open an account at The Blue Grass Valley Bank, we require at least one form of valid identification (for example, state- or government-issued identification card or Social Security card) and the required minimum deposit for the account you are opening.
What is the cutoff time for deposits?
Any transactions made before 4:00 p.m. will be processed the same business day. Transactions made after 4:00 p.m. will be processed the following business day.
Are my deposits FDIC insured? If so, by how much are they insured?
Yes! All deposits are FDIC insured up to the maximum amount allowed by law, which is currently $250,000.00 USD per depositor, subject to aggregation rules.
How do I find the routing number for The Blue Grass Valley Bank?
Look at the bottom-left corner of your checks. The first nine-digit sequence of numbers is your bank routing number. You can also find it at the bottom of every page on our website.
How do I stop payment on a check?
Learn more about stop payments on our Additional Services page.