Nurturing your nest egg
It's never too early to start planning for retirement. That’s why we offer Traditional and Roth IRAs with no maintenance fees and very competitive rates.
At a glance…
- Both Traditional IRAs and Roth IRAs available
- Minimum opening balance: $100.00
- Minimum monthly balance: $100.00
- Interest is compounded and credited quarterly on balances $100.00 or more*
- Fees: none
* We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest on this account, applying a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day. The interest rate and annual percentage yield will not change for the term of this account. Interest begins to accrue on the business day you deposit non-cash items (for example, checks). Interest will be compounded monthly and will be credited to the account monthly.
Retirement Savings Calculator
How do I open an account?
Please visit one of our offices, and a customer service representative will be happy to assist you!
What do I need to open an account?
To open an account at The Blue Grass Valley Bank, we require at least one form of valid identification (for example, state- or government-issued identification card or Social Security card) and the required minimum deposit for the account you are opening.
What is the cutoff time for deposits?
Any transactions made before 4:00 p.m. will be processed the same business day. Transactions made after 4:00 p.m. will be processed the following business day.
Are my deposits FDIC insured? If so, by how much are they insured?
Yes! All deposits are FDIC insured up to the maximum amount allowed by law, which is currently $250,000.00 USD per depositor, subject to aggregation rules.