A worthwhile investment
We are only as strong as the communities in which we do business.
The Blue Grass Valley Bank cares about its customers, employees and the region, and we give back through a variety of activities, resources and donations. A few examples of our community involvement include:
- Supporting nonprofit organizations through charitable giving
- Participating in fundraising events
- Employee participation in "Jeans for a Cause" raising money each quarter for a selected nonprofit group by paying a fee to wear jeans on Fridays and Saturdays
- Investing in the next generation of farmers and supporting local youth by purchasing animals at the Highland County Fair Livestock Auction
- Sharing our knowledge in finance with local students at career day and through planned classroom activities
- Monthly banking lessons to the "Smart Savers" at Highland Elementary School
- Active participation from our employees and directors on local boards/committees and in civic organizations
In a recent effort to give back to our communities, we proudly sponsored a lane at Potomac Highlands Recreation Center. A lot of hard work has been put in to reviving this recreation center so be sure to check it out. Pictured is Bank CEO Tina Blagg and CSR Robin Warner presenting our new sign to PHRC Board Member Ray Fox.
A special thanks to King Signs & Graphics in Monterey for making our beautiful sign. We love supporting local businesses.
We are a proud supporter of the 4-H/FFA livestock show and sale. We presented each participant with a livestock working stick to thank them for their hard work and dedication in keeping local agriculture heritage alive. We also purchased nine animals to support their projects. We wish each participant the best in their future.
Elegius Mini Equine Sanctuary was the recent recipient of the Blue Grass Valley Bank employees’ “Jeans for a Cause.” Pictured is Bank CSR, Hannah Murray (far right) presenting the donation to Koressa and Joe Malcolm.
VPAS was the recent recipient of the Blue Grass Valley Bank employees’ “Jeans for a Cause.” Pictured is Bank CEO Tina Blagg presenting the donation to Harmony Leonard and others on behalf of VPAS.
Highland County 4-H was the recent recipient of the Blue Grass Valley Bank employees’ “Jeans for a Cause.” Pictured are bank CEO Tina Blagg (far left) and Compliance Officer Chanda Sponaugle (far right), who presented the donation to Kari Sponaugle, 4-H Youth Development Agent, on behalf of VCE Highland & Bath. The donation will be used to help off-set the rising cost of Junior 4-H Camp. The Blue Grass Valley Bank is also a proud sponsor of the 4-H Food Booth's refillable stadium cup at the Highland County Fair. Visit the 4-H Food Booth for healthy food options during the Highland Co. Fair.
The Blue Grass Valley Bank recently donated a scoreboard for the Highland Braves Little League Baseball field in McDowell, VA. The field is maintained by the Stonewall Ruritan Club. Pictured are Cole Armstrong (Little League), Tina Blagg (bank CEO), David Neil (Stonewall Ruritan Club), and members of the Highland Braves Minor's Team.
Highland Hospice and Respite Care were recent recipients of the Blue Grass Valley Bank employees’ “Jeans for a Cause.” Pictured are bank CEO Tina Blagg (far left) and CSR Robin Warner (far right), who presented the donation to Sharon Hevener and Kathy Solomon on behalf of Highland Hospice and Respite Care.