The Blue Grass Valley Bank
 
Monterey, VA ♦ (540) 468-1915
Blue Grass, VA ♦ (540) 474-2430
 
The Blue Grass Valley Bank

Our Community


The Blue Grass Valley Bank not only serves the financial needs of the area, but we are committed to investing in our local communities.  We care about our customers, employees and our community and we give back through a variety of activities, resources and donation efforts. Just a few examples of our community involvement include:

 

  • Supporting non-profit organizations through charitable giving
  • Participating in fundraising events
  • Investing in the next generation of farmers and supporting local youth by purchasing animals at the Highland County Fair Livestock Auction
  • Sharing our knowledge in finance with local students at career day and through planned classroom activities
  • Active participation from our Employees and Directors on local boards, committees and in civic organizations

We are only as strong as the community in which we do business.

 

 

 


Our History


 
On July 10, 1915, a group of small-town community leaders met to lay the foundation for a local banking institution.  The vision of the founding members was to form an institution committed to meeting the financial needs of the surrounding area, striving to provide individual attention and quality service to local neighbors and businesses.  

 

The Crabbottom Valley Bank was established that day, built on a cornerstone of local roots and community interests; it is this tradition that continues driving our progress and growth today.
  

  • The Crabbottom Valley bank opened its doors to customers on December 1, 1915.  The original location was in the town of Crabbottom in the building that presently houses the Blue Grass Book Bank. 
  • On September 5, 1945, by virtue of a charter amendment, The Crabbottom Valley Bank became The Blue Grass Valley Bank. 
  • In July of 1951, having outgrown its original location, construction commenced on a new building in order to accommodate the needs of the growing business.  In December of 1951, The Blue Grass Valley Bank moved to its present location at 2583 Blue Grass Valley Road.
  • In June of 2000, The Blue Grass Valley Bank began construction on a branch office in Monterey.  On November 13, 2000, the Monterey Office opened to serve the customers and community of Highland County and the surrounding area, offering expanded services including a drive-up window and ATM.
  • In October of 2008, an addition to the Monterey Office was completed to house the computer operations and provide additional office space to serve the bank’s increasing customer base.